The City of Ocoee is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, fill out an application.
The value we place on our police officers is reflected in our salaries, which is comparable with any of the surrounding agencies in Central Florida. We also have an excellent benefits package. The starting salary effective October 1, 2020, is $43,000.10 a year.
- At least 19 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- United States citizenship
- Not have been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor which involves perjury or a false statement.
- Not have pled guilty or nolo contendre after July 01, 1981, to a felony or a misdemeanor which involves perjury or a false statement, whether or not adjudication was withheld or sentence suspended.
- Not have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Drug screen
- Extensive Background Investigation
- Oral Board interviews
- Physical Exam
- Polygraph / Voice Stress Analysis
- Psychological Exam
- Written Test
The mission of the Police Department is to partner with the community to improve quality of life, preserve order, and provide excellence in police service.
We envision the Ocoee Police Department as a partner with the community, maintaining order, providing superior professional law enforcement and being a responsible, innovative, and accredited agency. Our model agency will consist of diverse, trusted and educated police employees that provide the residents and visitors with an excellent quality of life.